1. The BasicsYour privacy is extremely important to us. We won’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (When we do ask for your information it is usually to ensure that we’re dealing with real people and not a bot!). We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
If you have questions about accessing or correcting your personal data please get in touch with us through
It is Carbox’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
2. Website VisitorsLike most website operators, Carbox collects non-personal identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Carbox’s purpose in collecting non-personal identifying information is to better understand how Carbox’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Carbox may release non-personal identifying information in the aggregate; that is, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Carbox also collects potentially personal identifying information such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged-in users. Carbox discloses logged-in user IP addresses only under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personalidentifying information as described below.
3. Gathering of Personal-Identifying InformationCertain visitors to Carbox’s websites choose to interact with Carbox in a manner that requires usto gather personal identifying information. The amount and type of information that Carbox gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for an account to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Carbox are asked to provide additional information, including (as necessary) personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Carbox collects such information only to the extent necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Carbox. Carbox does not disclose personal identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personal identifying information, with the understanding that it may prevent them from fully engaging in certain website-related activities.
4. Aggregated StatisticsCarbox may collect statistics about the overall behavior of visitors on its website
. ; for instance, Carbox may monitor the most popular products on the site. Carbox may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Carbox does not disclose personalidentifying information other than as described below.
5. Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying InformationCarbox discloses potentially personal identifying and personal identifying information only to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information to process it on Carbox’s behalf or provide services at Carbox’s website, and (ii) have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of these employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Carbox’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Carbox will not rent or sell potentially personal identifying and personal identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, described above, Carbox discloses potentially personal identifying and personal identifying information only in response to a subpoena or court order, or if Carbox believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Carbox, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of the website and have supplied your email address, Carbox may occasionally send you an email to inform you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on at Carbox and new products discussed on our blog. If, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can unsubscribe from such promotional emails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any promotional email.